Veggie Orzo Pasta
- Box of orzo pasta
- 2-3 cups of chopped veggies (squash, zucchini, onions, garlic)
- Olive oil Salt & Pepper
1. Place olive oil in medium size sauce pan and toast orzo pasta until lightly toasted. Add water and cook as directed on package.
2. While orzo is toasting cut veggies in bite size pieces and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper and place in a 400 degree oven for a 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain pasta and add veggies and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Orange Roasted beets
- Roasted butternut squash
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Honey or Maple syrup
1. Cook quinoa as directed on package. *** Make sure to rinse first!!!
2. Preheat oven to 400 and chop your squash into bite size pieces and halve your Brussels sprouts. Drizzle olive oil on veggies and S&P and roast for about 30 minutes. Brussel Sprouts will take only about 15-20 minutes.
3. Peel orange and take out the segments with a knife.
4. Peel orange and take out the segments with a knife. 4. Dice beets into bite size pieces. (If roasting, cut root and stem(don’t toss stems, sautée them up just like you would Swiss chard) off place into a foil wrapper with 1 TBSP olive oil and roast at 400 for about 40 minutes or until knive go right though. When done unwrap and rub skins off).
5. While veggies are roasting make your dressing. Squeeze the orange rind over bowl and add 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup and whisk in olive oil. S&P to taste. 5. When veggies are done. Place quinoa in bowl and line up the veggies and oranges on top and drizzle with dressing and serve. *Can be served at room temperature or cold.
Portabella Mushroom Patties
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, cubed (smaller pieces); gills removed
- 2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and divided
- 1 cup minced broccoli, fresh only
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 3 XL eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbl Panko or Gluten Free Panko
- 1 Tbl Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbl Worcestershire *for full vegetarian style use one that does not contain anchovies
- 2 Tbl minced garlic
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Olive oil
1. In a large bowl add 1 cup of black beans and mash with a masher (chunks are OK).
2. Add in the mushrooms, the rest of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, Worcestershire and steak seasoning.Mix just until coated.
3.Add in the eggs, cheese and bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
4.Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2 Tbl of oil. Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two), using dampened hands (the mixture will stick to you if you don’t), scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a Tbl more of bread crumbs.
5.Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
6.Serve with hummus, guacamole or steak sauce or in our case Avoniasse
Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Quiche
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 butternut squash
- roasted (leftovers work great)
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1/4 Parmesan Cheese
- 2 chicken sausage links Olive oil S&P
1. Cut squash into bit size pieces and toss in
2 TBSP olive oil, S&P. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, tossing one time. 3. Dice up sausage the same size as squash.
4. Crack eggs and whisk.
5.Add in squash, spinach, sausage and Parmesan cheese.
6.. Pour into a pie dish and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees u till the center is firm. . Enjoy *** this recipe is a great recipe for leftovers!